Why might I seek counselling?
Difficulties people often talk about in counselling include
- Difficulty at work
- Communication difficulties
- Change and loss
What is counselling?
Counselling can give you the opportunity to think about and talk about a problem and consider other ways of handling it.
- Counselling is about enabling, not advising.
- It can offer you support in changing behaviour or a way of thinking.
- Counselling is different from talking to your friend because the conversation is in confidence, and because the counsellor is not involved in the situation.
- Catalyst counsellors are experienced and fully qualified, and abide by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) code of practice
What can I expect from counselling?
Your counsellor will:
- listen to you carefully
- help you clarify thoughts and feelings
- help you focus on what you want to change
- judge you
- tell you what to do
- tell you to pull yourself together